Primary Hull (T-6)
The newest of the former Miss Budweiser hulls, the T-6 (“Turbine 6”) was built in Seattle by Hydroplanes, Inc., as the 2000-04 Miss Budweiser.
- Hull number 0001
- Built: 2000 by Hydroplanes, Inc.
- Race Wins: 16
- National Championships: 1 (2013)
- World Championships: 4 (2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014)
- We have a Mack race support truck that we use to transport the hydroplanes, as well as our tools, equipment, engines, gearboxes, as well as spare parts.
- The transporters has an air conditioned office/”condo”area for owner’s work, team operations, as well as changing area for driver J. Michael Kelly.
- The truck provides all of the equipment the team needs for machining, repairing, and maintaining parts right in the pits, should that ability be needed by the team.
- The truck was part of the Miss Budweiser equipment originally purchased by U-5 Racing in 2006.
Lycoming T55 L-7 Turbine Engines
- U-12 Racing Team has a healthy supply of Lycoming Turbine engines. These are surplus engines from U.S. Army Chinook helicopters that have been refurbished for use in unlimited hydroplanes.